Saturday, January 7, 2012

PROJECT 365
Jan 7, 2012  Autumn Spice
This is page 1 of the layout from my WOW Scrapbook class.  For this class each person creates a 2 page 12x12 layout and 1 card. I decided to snap a picture of it for Project 365 because it is becoming one of my favorite pages.  I love the Autumn Spice DSP from SU!, the colors, the weave technique I used and the flower embellishments in the corner.  For the large flower I cut a 1" strip of DSP, scored it every 1/8", folded like an accordian and then glued the two ends together to form a round circle.  Once I scrunched it together and added the 3/8" circle to the center it became a flower.  I had a lot of trouble keeping it glued together and it wanted to fall off the page.  After all the time I put into making it, I was not going to let it go where it wanted so I added glue dots plus adhesive to the back.  This flower was fairly difficult to make so the 2 smaller ones are made using the scallop punch (Thank You Sam for the idea).  I wasn't sure if the class members would want to make the accordian flower, due to difficulty, until I saw that SU! has a Bigz XL die for the Big Shot that will cut and score this for you.  I ordered it immediately...but it did not arrive before class :(.  I was right, they did not want to score and fold so they made their green flower using the Large scallop punch. I had to explain that my Big Shot die has not arrived yet but promised to bring it to a future class so they can try it out.  I hope it makes the process of accordian flower making much easier.

No comments: