Friday, January 6, 2012

PROJECT 365
Jan 5, 2012   Out with the OLD and in with the NEW

Love my running shoes.  I have never been a runner in my life until this past year.  I have always worn Asics brand shoes and felt they were heavy on my feet.    I had done a little research on the internet to see what fellow PT's thought were the best running shoes.  Merrill brand came in first but I can not find them in Tyler...anywhere. I decided to take a trip to Academy Sports and found this pair of gray Nikes.
The salesman told me that if I were used to "regular" tennis shoes, I may not like these because they are much like walking/running barefoot.  When I told him that I run on eneven and rocky terrain, he stressed again that I must make sure I am forefoot running or every pebble I step on is going to hurt.  Well, I have loved these shoes and only wear them for running.  They have been through rain and mud and are slightly stained from the red mud here in Texas.  Didn't think I could part with them until...Christmas!  My mother-in-law bought me the new pink/gray pair and I love them the same. 

No comments: